This Awesome Teenager Decided To Take His 89-Year-Old Great-Grandmother To Prom
Austin Dennison’s great-grandmother never got to go to her prom, so he decided to do something about it.
1. Austin Dennison, a 19-year-old student at Parkway High School in Rockford, Ohio, had a pretty special date at his prom earlier this week.
2. Austin decided to take his 89-year-old great-grandmother, Delores. She recently had a heart attack and stroke, but told him if she could, she would.
3. Delores was never asked to prom. She attended school in West Virginia and didn’t graduate. Austin decided to go out and buy his great grandmother a pearl necklace for the special occasion.
4. When the pair hit the dance floor there was a standing ovation. Dolores did whack a few balloons with her cane, though.
5. Austin kicked off the night’s playlist with one last surprise for Dolores. He had the DJ play Frank Sinatra’s “I Love the Kisses of Delores,” a song Austin’s great-grandfather used to sing to her.
6. One of Austin’s friends even tried to cut in for a dance.
Indescribable amount of respect for @311Austin for taking his grandma to prom. She couldn't afford it in highschool.